Friday, March 20, 2020

Woman No. 17 by Edan Lepucki

Woman No. 17: A Novel  So this book was not part of my original quarantine plan; however, it has been sitting in a box in my room waiting to be read.   My husband insists its time for me to prioritize those books and so, here I begin.

Also,  I did start the Disappearing Earth which is my book club book.  But since it was about two girls being abducted, I just couldn't deal with anymore real trauma right now.

This book is about a mother who has two sons - a young precocious toddler and a almost 18 year old boy who is selectively mute.  She hires a nanny to take care of her young son while she finishes writing her novel, largely about her eldest.  What could possibly go wrong?

This book was one that kept you going, even when you weren't sure you wanted to.  It is a brilliant reflection on art, people's behavior,  how we treat and react to the people we love.  I gave it four stars.  Very well written.  A worthy diversion.

No comments:

Post a Comment