Tuesday, March 24, 2020

A Spark of White Fire by Sangu Mandanna

A Spark of White Fire (Celestial Trilogy Book 1) by [Mandanna, Sangu]  Look at that cover!  I know you aren't supposed to judge a book this way, but I am a person who is really drawn into a story by the cover.  What isn't to love about this one? 

This is the story of Esmae,  a girl who was banished from her family for a mixture of reasons.  She joins a challenge - an impossible challenge - and the prize for the winner?  Nothing less than an undefeated, god made sentient starship. 

At first, I thought the plot of this book was going to be obvious.  Girl wants to help prince whose kingdom was stolen from him and they fall in love.... blah, blah, blah.  This book most definitely isn't that. I loved the complexities and politics.  I enjoyed the hard choices that the characters had to face.  This story raises so many questions.  What is faith?  What is it to have a choice in our own destiny and do we really?  I loved everything about it.  4 stars.  Starting the sequel tomorrow.  Can't wait!   This is the first of three.....

No comments:

Post a Comment