Wednesday, March 18, 2020

The One by John Marrs

The One: A Novel  So as you can see from the picture of the cover, this book has already been sold to netflix and is in the works of becoming a series.  It is going to be amazing.  This book read like a screen play so it makes sense.

The premise to the story is that a way has been found to use your DNA to match you with your perfect mate - your soul mate - the ONE.   I had to start with a list of characters because this story follows six different individuals and their matched, so keeping everyone straight was a bit of a challenge at first.  I thought that some of the story lines would be more interesting and I would want to rush through some to get to others, but the truth is that I found them all compelling. 

I really enjoyed this one.  It was engrossing and very different.  It had some surprising twists and turns along the way that kept me wondering how the story would end.  I added this author to my following list so I can see what else he has to offer.  Greatly enjoyed it.  Four out of five stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment