Sunday, March 15, 2020

A Reader's Plan for Being Shut In

So like the rest of the world,  I am currently on an at least two week Coronacation.  It's ok, while I will miss my students and friends,  it is better for the world to flatten the curve.   We all have to do what we can, and hey, I'm a reader so honestly, I've been training for this my whole life.   But here is another thing I like to do - I like to make plans.  I don't always follow them completely but I try.   So I thought I would plan out a goal and make a list of how many books I would like to read in the next 16 days.  I'm going to go with 10 books.  It may seem like a lofty goal, but I think I can achieve it and maybe even do better.  Let's see.

Right Behind You (FBI Profiler Book 7)  I am currently working on this one.  I love a good mystery and Lisa Gardner is a pro.  This story is about a brother and sister who witness a terrible tragedy and what happens after.  A good mystery seems to be just what the doctor ordered.

All the Stars and Teeth (All the Stars and Teeth Duology Book 1)  I am also working on this one.   Just look at that cover.  This is a fantasy about a young princess who, in order to claim her place, must go on an adventure ( on a magical pirate ship, no less) and save the world.   I'm on chapter five - not loving it yet, but the premise is just so good so I will continue on....

The Two Lives of Lydia Bird by Josie Silver   My book of the month selection.  This book is about a  woman who finds her dead fiance very much alive in her dreams.  I am optimistic and  seems like a good escape novel.  Of course, i will keep you updated.

The Hen Party  This one is about a hen party gone horribly wrong.  It's set in Majorca, a place I want to visit.  I mean - look at that cover.   Does anything say escape more than this?

Disappearing Earth: A novel  Rated one of the best books of 2019,  I thought I would give this one a try.  My book club also chose this as our April reading selection.  This is about two girls who disappear in Russia.  Another mystery.

The One: A Novel  This is a dystopian novel, but not about a virus, thank goodness!  The premise is that a simple dna test is all it takes for you to find your soul mate.  Would you if you could?  What could possibly go wrong?

A Spark of White Fire (Celestial Trilogy Book 1)  Free on Kindle Unlimited and I just couldn't pass up this cover. 

  The first historical fiction/ magical realism mash up by a favorite author.  And it's about Motzart.   Winning.

Who the Hell Is Pansy O'Hara?: The Fascinating Stories Behind 50 of the World's Best-LovedBooks  reading this one for our themed book club selection.  A book about my favorite books.  What could be better?

The Rocks: A Novel Another set in Majorca.  Can you tell I have the beach on my mind?  Well if you are going to escape, you might as well go all out.

So there it is.  My plan.  Looks like I should get off of here and get busy.  I'll keep you updated and until then, if you are reading this, stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment