Friday, March 27, 2020

A house of Rage and Sorrow by Sangu Mandanna

House of Rage and Sorrow: Book Two in the Celestial Trilogy  I loved the first book, A Spark of White Light, so much that I immediately picked up the sequel.  I was anxious to see how the story would evolve and continue.

The good news?  I loved the second book every bit as much as the first.  The bad news?   Now I have to wait for several months for the final installment of the trilogy - A War of Swallowed Stars.

I love the character development in these books.  So much of what has happened and what we thought of each characters turns out to be not quite true.  We see that decisions made out of sorrow and rage are often cataclysmic in their consequences. 

The characters of Esmae, Titania and Max are particularly well thought out and developed.   I also loved the inclusion and representation among the characters, especially in this book.  I gave it four stars and I have the third book on automatic download on my kindle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment