Sunday, April 19, 2015

Cold Spell by Jackson Pearce

Cold Spell

This is a retelling of the Snow Queen fairy tale.  I read this one for my Flights of Fantasy reading challenge.  It hasn't been my favorite book this year, or even close, but I was in a bit of a reading rut, and I usually choose a fantasy novel to help me out of them.
Things I liked about this book: 1. it had some great messages mixed in about how all of us can choose who we are, how family is more than those people you happen to be born to, and about REAL love  conquering all.   That said,  I had to look for those things.  The plot was a bit scattered and the story line was a bit convoluted at times, introducing new characters and plots that seemed irrelevant.  An interesting book for the 11-14 age group who enjoy fairy tales and romance.  2 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment