Monday, March 30, 2015

The Goddess Test

The Goddess Test

I love Greek mythology - have always loved it.  Stories of gods and heroes were a vital part of what enhanced my love of reading as a child.  When I saw this interesting take on one of my favorite stories, Peresephone and Hades, I was very excited.   This book got off to a bit of a slow start.  Kate and her Mom are a team and it's always been just the two of them, but now, Kate's mom is dying.  She wants Kate to move  with her to where she grew up. Here Kate meets Henry, a strange boy who tells her that if she agrees to live on his estate with him from the autumn to spring equinox, then he can keep her mother alive until she is ready to say goodbye.
I don't want to say more and give the entire plot away.  The beginning third of the book is rather slow, but it does develop.  I especially enjoyed the tests that Kate needs to pass to prove her worth.  An interesting read for ages 11-16ish who enjoy Greek mythology.

No comments:

Post a Comment