Monday, March 2, 2015

Pop Sugar Challenge - My Progress - Over Half Way There!


This really is an awesome challenge.  I love how my reading is more focused and I am reading a wider breadth of books.  I've read some awesome works that either would still be on my TBR pile or I would never have picked up at all.  I'm definitely reading or will read a wider variety of authors and that makes me really happy.  At the beginning of the year, I mapped out a plan for this challenge.  Some categories have worked out the way that I expected, while others went in a different direction and that's ok.  I'm excited to see what the second half of this challenge will bring.  Here are the list of books I've completed, or those I am still working on ( in bold). 

  1. A book with over 500 pages - Black Halo by S. L. Naeole
  2. A Classic romance - The Last of the Mohicans by James Fenimore Cooper
  3. a book that became a movie - Love, Rosie by Cecelia Ahern
  4. a mystery or a thriller - Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
  5. a book with a one word title - Moth by Daniel Arenson
  6. a collection of short stories - When it Happens to You by Molly Ringwald
  7. a book set in a different country - Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty
  8. a book recommended by a friend - Memoirs of an Imaginary Friend by Matthew Dicks
  9. a book from the bottom of my TBR pile - Heading out to Wonderful by Robert Goolrick
  10. a book more than 100 years old - The Call of the Wild by Jack London
  11. a book based solely on it's cover - Love and Treasure by Ayelet Waldman
  12. a book finished in a day - The Truth about Alice by Jennifer Matthieu
  13. a book with antonyms in the title - The Truth Tellers Lie by Sophie Hannah
  14. a book with a love triangle - Falling from Grace by S.L. Naeole
  15. a book set in high school - Never Never by Colleen Hoover
  16. a book set in the future - Speaker for the Dead by Orson Scott Card
  17. a book with a color in the title - Golden Son by Pierce Brown
  18. a book that made me cry - All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
  19. a book with magic - Rise of the Dragons by Morgan Rice
  20. a new author - The Good Girl by Mary Kubrica
  21. a book set in my hometown - The Mysteries of Pittsburgh by Michael Chabon
  22. a book originally written in a different language - The Gulag Archipelago by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
  23. a play - Inherit the Wind by Jerome Lawrence
  24. a banned book - A Bad Boy can be Good for a Girl  by Tanya Lee Stone
  25. a book from childhood - Fly by Night by K.M. Peyton
  26. a first book by a famous author - Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn
  27. author with my initials - Bird Song by S.L. Naeole
  28. a memoir - American Titan Searching for John Wayne by Marc Eliot
  29. a book with bad reviews - The Luxe by Anna Godberson
Happy reading everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment