Monday, March 16, 2015

Graphic Novel - Ender's Game: Battle School

Ender's Game: Battle School

I want to preface all of this with saying that graphic novels are not my thing.  I choose this one because 1. I thought it would have stories that were not included in Ender's Game about the battles between the armies and 2. I was already familiar with the story.  It was a mistake and I was disappointed.  There was nothing new here just a abbreviated and diminished version of Ender's Game.

I know some people really like graphic novels.  For me, the pictures are distracting - too many pictures with words all over the place that I have to work at to make sense of their order.  I like to read a story and create the images in my mind for myself.  When this is down for me, it reduces my enjoyment of the story.  That said, if this is the format that other's enjoy - more power to you.  I don't care what you read, as long as you are reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment