Saturday, January 10, 2015

PopSugar Challenge book 5 - Rise of the Dragons

So, I have to say that I am a pretty big Morgan Rice fan.  My youngest daughter and I have read her complete Sorcerer's Ring series.  When I saw her new book, I was excited because it would fit into several categories that I might need for the challenge. Plus, it has dragons....


I thoroughly enjoyed the main character, Kyra.  She is strong and brave, a fierce protector of those she loves and a friend to animals.  Kyra isn't like other girls, she wants to be a warrior and he father, a war chief, doesn't quite know what to do with her.  Kyra's destiny and possibly the destiny of her people finds Kyra during an act of kindness in the form of a dragon.
The story really has three main threads, with three seperate leads.  Kyra is only one of the leads.  Merck and Alec are two additional characters that you get a brief glimpse of, but they are not fully developed yet.  I found the story to be somewhat choppy moving in and out of story lines, unlike her other works.  Still, I think the potential is there for later development and for this to be a truly wonderful series.  I will definitely read the next one to see how the story progresses.  I gave it 3/5 stars, only because the story didn't necessarily flow easily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment