Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Golden Son by Pierce Brown


I read the first book in this series, Red Rising, at the end of December.  I absolutely loved it and was thrilled that I didn't have long to wait for the release of it's sequel.   As much as I loved the first book, this one is even better!   It starts with a bang and never lets you go until the very end of the story. Our hero, Darrow, is trying to create a better world by destroying the Society that is oppressing his people.  I mentioned, in my review a comparison to Hunger Games, Ender's Game and even Game of Thrones.  All of those are right on... but with Golden Son.... it's more like Game of Thrones meets Star Wars... two of my favorite fandoms.  There was even a "Never tell me the odds" reference.  You have to love it.  Still, for all the borrowing that Brown does, he manages to write a completely original story and I just can't wait to get my hands on that third installment.  5 out of 5 stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment