Saturday, January 28, 2017

Where They Found Her by Kimberly McCreight

Where They Found Her by Kimberly McCreight  I'm a fan of Kimberly McCreight.  I loved Reconstructing Amelia that I read a few years ago.   She is one of a handful of authors who I will read without question.

Molly has been struggling with the unexpected loss of her second child while still in utero.  Like any mother, she blames herself.   She became depressed causing a strain on her marriage and on her daughter.   To get away, she and her family move to a new place and Molly becomes resumes her job as a journalist with a small paper.  She usually handles the social columns but, while the lead reporters are out of town, a story lands in Molly's lap.  It's a murder - and the victim is a newborn baby.

Molly's husband is afraid that the story will bring up Molly's depression about the loss of their own child, but Molly feels like this is a story that she has to tell.

There are so many twists and turns through this cast of memorable characters.  I really enjoyed reading it.  I gave it four stars and I love that I never saw it coming.  At least not completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment