Saturday, January 28, 2017

A Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson

The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson  This one has been on my TBR list for a very long time.  Finally, one of my categories for my Goodreads challenge was a book from another's  list.  What did I find?  Here was this book, just waiting for me.

This is the story of Lia,  a princess whose parents have arranged a marriage with a neighboring kingdom to solidify peace.  Lia wants to be able to marry for love, like her brothers, so she runs away to make her own destiny.   With her she takes secret documents from the Chancellors secret stash.

Lia is a very different type of princess - willing to get her hands dirty, work hard,  and sacrifice for her friends.  She doesn't care about fine clothes or jewelry.  In fact she leaves it all behind in her quest for finding a better life.  All she takes with her is her best friend and they find work in a tavern.

While there she meets many interesting characters  - some who want to help her and one  who wants to kill her.  Will she be able to discern the truth and do what is right?

I gave this one three stars.  I really liked Lia but the story got a little long winded and convoluted in parts.  That said, I will continue on with the series because I think it has a lot of promise and I want to know how Lia's story ends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment