Sunday, January 8, 2017

Twisted Fate by Norah Olson

Twisted Fate by Norah Olson  I read this one for the story told from two perspectives task  of my goodreads challenge.  This is the story of two sisters -  Ally and Syd and their new next door neighbor, the hot boy, Graham.

Of course one sister is pure and good and light.  She's blonde and listens to her parents and gets good grades.  She's bland and boring.   Then there's Syd - who's dark and bad and troubled and smart.   Have a I mentioned that I really hate when authors use such a trite mechanism as physical attributes to define a character.  Ugh.   This book was not off to a good start.

Grahm is trouble.  He's parents think he's "gifted" and "artistic" but the only one that seems to be onto him is Syd.  I thought this book was going to be two sisters in love with the same boy.  I'm glad it at least had a little more meat to it than that.

I found what the story grew into to be surprising and disturbing.   I gave it three stars based on the fact that it wasn't as awful as it initially appeared and the author did provide unexpected plot twists.  I probably wouldn't read another book of hers though.

No comments:

Post a Comment