Saturday, February 4, 2017

Dash and Lily's Book of Dares by

Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn  I was curious about this book because I loved Nick and Nora's Endless Playlist.  I didn't know that other, similar books had been written.  I needed a book set around Christmas for my goodreads challenge and I thought this one would be perfect.

Lily is a 16 year old girl living in New York.  She's an original.  She loves books, her grandfather, her dog walking job and intelligence.   This Christmas, her parents and grandfather are out of town, leaving Lily with her brother who is in a new relationship.   He devises the idea of leaving a notebook with a treasure hunt, if you will, in a red moleskin notebook in Lily's favorite bookstore on the Strand.

That's how Lily meets Dash.  A boy who loves books, his independence and intelligence.   They correspond through out the book mostly through the exchange of the notebook.  They go on crazy adventures and finally meet one another.

This book was fun to read and even had me laugh out loud in a couple of places.  It was a fun jaunt, perfect for a holiday read.  Not life altering just enjoyable.  I gave it four stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment