Sunday, January 8, 2017

The Princess Diarist by Carrie Fisher

The Princess Diarist by Carrie Fisher  This was on my list as a Christmas gift.   I had it for the book written by someone I admire and book about someone with a disability challenge.   When Carrie Fisher died just after Christmas, I was devastated.  I grew up loving Leia and wanting to be her.   She was the first "princess" in my lifetime that showed me that we could save ourselves.  And the boys, too.

Of course I've been a Star Wars fan all my life.  I saw the first one when I was 7 years old.  It made quite the impression.   I loved Luke Skywalker - what can I say?  I was young.   Things changed when Empire Strikes Back came out and my taste for tall, dark and handsome was firmly settled.  I never knew that Carrie and Harrison had a relationship in real life, though it definitely doesn't surprise me.

I loved reading Carrie's reminiscing of that time during her life.  She didn't glamorize it but just gives it to the reader straight up -no chaser.  I hadn't read any of her other books but I was delighted to see how conversational her writing style was and most of all how absolutely hysterical she was.  I'm definitely adding the others onto my TBR pile. 

This could be nothing less than 5 stars.  I loved every minute and most of all, I loved getting a clearer picture of the girl behind the buns. 

No comments:

Post a Comment