Wednesday, May 6, 2015

The Accidental Book Club


The cover and the title of this book just delighted me.  I knew when I saw it, that I had to read it and I'm so glad I did.  This is an amazing story about sisterhood, family and finding where you belong.  It is also about the power of books to bring people together.  I don't know about you, but when I see a stranger reading a favorite book, I feel an instant affinity with them.  Books do that, well, good ones anyway.... They bring people together.

This is the story of Jean, she is recently widowed having lost the love of her life after 40 odd years of marriage.  She regrets being somewhat estranged from her own children and grandchildren, but she has a wonderful group of friends and a book club.   During one book club meeting, she gets a call from her son in law.  Turns out her put together daughter, Laura,  isn't so put together and now Laura and Curt need help with their troubled daughter, Bailey.

I don't want to give any more of the story away... but I will say that this book made me cry, it made me laugh out loud and it made me hug my children and my husband a little tighter.  This is a great book - I loved it from start to finish.  I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment