Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Flights of Fantasy Update

I only added 5 books to my total for this challenge over the last month and a half.  I've been busy with other things, I guess.   Still, there were definitely some enjoyable titles here.  My favorite new addition is  Crown of the Midnight Throne by Sara J. Maas.  This has been a wonderful series so far, I liked book two even more than the original.   I also thoroughly enjoyed Anomaly by Tonya Kuper.  This one was recommended by the author of Dorothy Must Die, Danielle Paige, and it did not disappoint.  I look forward to continuing this story when the next installment of the series comes out.

Not as entertaining: Guardians - Book One - The Girl.   Talk about a hero that is a real pain in the ass and not really likable?  Max and Emerson definitely have that covered.  All of the secondary characters were much more interesting than these two duds.   Won't be continuing on with this one - I just didn't care enough about the story to press forward.

I included two somewhat supernatural stories this time - both very worth reading.  The first - The Pines by Blake Crouch is now a series on TV with Matt Dillon.  I loved it and the twists and turns were fantastic - I never saw it coming.

Never Never by Colleen Hoover was another that I included.  Although it isn't necessarily traditional sci-fi and/ or fantasy... there is definitely something very strange going on.  Worst of all ( or best depending on how you look at it)   at the end of book 2, I still have no idea what it is!  Can't wait for the third one to finally get my answers!

So I am officially at 23 out of 50 for the year, nearly half way there!  

No comments:

Post a Comment