Sunday, February 8, 2015

The Good Girl


Ok, so maybe mysteries just are't my thing.  The last two books that promised to be "the next Gone Girl"  ( this one and The Girl on the Train) were both anything BUT. This one is a debut novel.  The writing was above mediocre but I definitely had my problems with this one.

First of all, the cover thinks it's being clever- it isn't.  In fact, for me, it gave the entire plot twist away.  I had the majority of the plot figured out by about page 20.  Clearly not Gone Girl. 

Secondly, the plot is choppy moving not just between characters but also jumping timelines.  Really?  I felt like I had to keep asking myself ok, so which character's perspective is this again?  And is it before or after the "event"?   While I'm busy setting the time frame, I can't be engrossed in the story.

More than likely I will never read another book by this author again.  I felt like this one was a complete waste of my time.  Would love to hear the thoughts of anyone with a different opinion of this one.  As it is, I'm sorry I wasted my time and effort on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment