Monday, February 23, 2015

Fly by Night by KM Peyton


I read this book for the category " a book from childhood".   My youngest daughter and I read it together   I was so pleased that it held the same magic for her that it did for me.  I remember reading everything and anything by KM Peyton that I could get my hands on.

What struck me the most about this book the second time around is how real it is.  Ruth has a lot of worries, mostly about money and relating to the care of her pony.  The book really demonstrates just how badly Ruth wanted a pony and how hard she worked to achieve her goals.  I think that it an important life lessons is that things don't always come easily but those things, those achievements, that we have to work the hardest for, mean the most in the long run. 

Since KM Peyton is a British author and most of her works are out of print, getting hands on some titles is difficult.  Just scored a first American edition of The Team ( sequel to Fly by Night) for my youngest.  I hope she enjoys it.   

No comments:

Post a Comment