Monday, February 16, 2015

My literary plan to Celebrate St. Patrick's Day

As an American of Irish decent, I always get a yearning this time of year for that lyrical storytelling of the Irish.   It's the rapid approach of St. Patricks day, I suppose, coupled with the impending sow storm.
At any rate, I came up with a brilliant idea.  This year, to honor my heritage, I am going to focus on Irish and Irish- American writers during the month of March.  I am listing the books i plan to read here - so I don't forget.  I think my March looks very exciting!  What do you think?  Will you be reading any Irish writers?

The Book of Tomorrowa brilliant story of a girl who finds a mysterious book that seems to contain her future.

Reading in the Dark: A NovelThis book has been getting a lot of buzz.... can't wait to read it! This is a story of childhood set during the Troubles.....

Black Mass: Whitey Bulger, the FBI, and a Devil's Deal The tale of Whitey Bulger and the Irish Mob in America.

The Mermaids Singing The story of three generations of Irish women.

Sharp ObjectsGillian Flynn's first novel.

The Darkest Part of the Forest (Signed Book)What St. Paddy's day would be complete without a story of the Fae?

No comments:

Post a Comment