Tuesday, January 28, 2020

The Overdue Life of Amy Byler

Image result for the overdue life of amy byler   Picked this one up on a whim because I loved the cover and found the title intriguing.  It was Kindle Unlimited, so it's hard to go wrong.  I'm so glad I did!  I really loved it.

You know how some books are a little slow to get into and you have a hard time developing a relationship with the characters?  This isn't that book.  Amy was immediately relatable to me.  She is a 40 something mom of two teens whose husband up and abandoned her and her children to find himself and have an affair with a younger woman.   Amy was left holding the pieces of her family. 

Three years later, he's back.  And guess what?  He's decided that he wants to actually be a father.  Amy is a much bigger person than I am because she convinces her children to give this man another chance at fatherhood.  While her children spend a week with their father, Amy goes to New York for a work seminar and to reconnect with a college friend.  The rest is a wild ride of self discovery.  I want a #momspringa! 

This is a quick read, feel good book.  Check it out, I'm sure you will be glad you did.  Four out of five stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment