Sunday, January 12, 2020

Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis

Girl, Wash Your Face: Stop Believing the Lies About Who You Are so You Can Become Who You Were Meant to Be (Girl, Wash Your Face Series Book 1)

I have heard about this book and heard about this book.  There seemed to be a lot of buzz about it, apparently because the author is a party planner to the stars?  Who knows.  I had never heard of Rachel Hollis before picking up this book.  I wanted so very badly to love it, to find grains of real truth in her story and advice. 

There is a reason I don't usually read books that Oprah, "celebrities" and others talk about - it's usually much adieu about nothing, and sadly that was true in this case.  Don't get me wrong, Rachel shares her story but the truths that she shares are not life hacks but trite truths that any person could share  - minus the whole I'm bad at sex chapter.

Initially, I felt commonality with Rachel as I have faced in my life some of the things that she talks about in her book.  She is very relatable, but eventually it came of as preachy and trite.   If I wanted a lecture, there are people I can go to in my life to provide that.  I purchased this book and Girl, Stop Apologizing at the same time.  I doubt I will even pick the other book up as I expect it to be more of the same.   Two stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment