Tuesday, January 7, 2020

First Non-Fiction of the Year - A Woman Makes A Plan by Maye Musk

A Woman Makes a Plan: Advice for a Lifetime of Adventure, Beauty, and Success   Right out of the box, my first non-fiction of the year is 5 out of 5 stars.  Not because it is the best written book I've ever read but because it is the true story of an amazing woman told in her own voice with humor, humility and grace.

To say I admire Maye Musk is, quite possibly, the understatement of the century.   One only has to look at the contributions to humanity of her son, Elon, to know that all of that drive and passion came from somewhere.  But like most people,  I thought that Maye must have lived a perfect, charmed life.

I was both saddened and surprised to find out that was not the case.  Like me, Maye is a survivor of domestic violence.  She worked hard to change her life - many times and to the improve the lives of her children.  She was never satisfied with being unhappy and worked to make changes.  In her book, she lays out how she made a plan and changed her life.

It's a wonderful book and I am so glad that I read it.  Now, not only do I admire Maye Musk but she inspires me as well.  I know that if she can bravely face that challenges that she can and make the necessary changes in her life - including struggles with her weight - then I can too.

Thank you for sharing your amazing journey, Maye!

No comments:

Post a Comment