Sunday, February 2, 2020

When Wishes Bleed by Casey L. Bond

When Wishes Bleed   So I was browsing kindle books and I came across this cover and title.  I know they say you should never judge a book by it's cover, but to be honest, I am much more likely to pick up the book and read the cover blurb if I find the cover/ title intriguing and this one just caught my attention.

This is the story of Sable, a witch from the House of Fate, who is outcast among her peers. When she reads the fate of an unexpected young man, her whole life changes.  This book was a cross between The Selection, Throne of Glass and the Bachelor.  At times, it was completely predictable, but the ride was still so enjoyable, I didn't even mind being right.  I wanted to be right.

Also, every once in a while, it is so nice to read a book that reaches a satisfying conclusion all by itself.  This one does.  No, it isn't award winning for dealing with thought provoking issues of the day, but really, does every book need to do that?  Sometimes it's fine just to escape and enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment