Friday, December 30, 2016

Twisted Fate by Norah Olson

Twisted Fate by Norah Olson   I read this book for my goodreads challenge - a book with two perspectives.  This is the story of two sisters, Ally and Syd, and one boy - Graham.   The book didn't have a very promising start, but since my goal this year is to finish what I start, I pushed on.  I'm glad this book turned out to be more than I originally anticipated.

Graham is the boy next store.  He's good looking and troubled - your basic catnip for teenage girls.  I originally thought that this was going to be the story of how one boy gets in between two sisters, but the story didn't quite turn out like that.

It turns out that Graham has a troubled past and it seems that he is up to his old tricks.  I don't want to give too much of the plot away here, but his activities are extremely troubling.  I was amazed at the way that he found to use the internet to cover his wrong doings.

I did enjoy the plot twists that finally came into play about 1/3 of the way through.  I didn't enjoy the author's trite way of describing the sisters - the "good" girl - sweet, blonde, apple of her parents eye etc.... and the "bad" girl Syd - dark, skater, smart, rebellious, troubled.   Please.  This is tired.  Because of that I gave this book a 3.  It was only Eh for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment