Friday, December 30, 2016

Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty

Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty  This was the first book crossed off my list for my 2017 reading challenge.   I really enjoy Liane Moriarty's books and this one has been waiting on my kindle for a while.  I'm glad to get it read.

This is the story of a friendship between two women -  Clementine and Erika.  Both are married, seemingly happily,  but only Clementine has children.   Erika is the child of a hoarder and because of the conditions that she grew up in, she is unable to have children.  She and her husband, Oliver, have undergone multiple rounds of IVF to no avail.  Finally, they decide to approach Clementine about being an egg donor.   That's the basic back story for this book.

Erika and Oliver invite Clementine and Sam over to ask.   Meanwhile, their neighbor, Vin, has invited both couples to a BBQ at his house to which Erika agrees.   The majority of the events unfold at the BBQ.   In typical Moriarty fashion, the story moves backwards and forward through the storyline until bit by bit, what truly happens the night of the BBQ  to all the participants, is finally revealed.

I used this one for my 52 week reading challenge - a book from the 2016 goodreads award.   I gave it 4 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment