Sunday, November 15, 2015

The Fortune Hunter by Daisy Goodwin

  I love this cover - the colors ,the stark contrast of the girl and the stars in the sky.... all just so appealling.    This is the story of a young women, Charlotte, who is the inheritor of a great fortune and Bay, a man who loves horses and wants to ride in the Grand National.

I have loved horses since I was a child - long before I ever read about Violet and her paper horses  and the Grand National.  So the story line here was just so fascinating to me.   It wasn't necessarily a quick read but it was impossible to put down.  All the characters were so well thought out and developed.  I especially loved how strong and unique a character Charlotte is.  She is a true original.

This book was just a joy.  I loved every minute of it.   Maybe for those who didn't have the same interests are myself, the book may not read with the same zeal  but I do recommend it.  I gave it 5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment