Sunday, November 29, 2015

The 9th of November by Colleen Hoover





   A friend from a great place for book lovers - Book Haven - a closed group on Facebook  -  turned me onto Colleen Hoover two years ago.  ( Thanks Amy!  And, if your on Facebook, ask to join and tell them Laurie Schultz sent you!)   I've been a fan ever since. The first book of hers I read - Hopeless - was amazing and started a trail of enjoyable reading culminating most recently in this wonderful book.

I'm not one to read Romance novels but there are so many ways that this author makes you genuinely connect with her characters  that it's a thing of  beauty.   In this book, Fallon is a young girl with many scars.  Ben is a young man that she meets through chance.  They have an instant connection, but neither wants to engage in anything serious as Fallon is moving across country that very night.   They agree to meet up once a year for the next five years on the 9th of  November.   This book is their incredible story.

I don't want to give any more away, but as a book lover, this book is just pure fun and enjoyment.  It's a real page turner, I read it in less than a day.   For my male readers, probably not for you, but you never know.  Ben reads romance novels.   :)  I gave this one 5 out of 5 stars for the feels and enjoyment.   To Ms. Hoover,   I'm a huge fan - keep writing!



No comments:

Post a Comment