Sunday, May 31, 2020

Salt for AIr by MC Frank

Salt for Air    Ok, so first of all - look at that cover!  I mean, I know you aren't supposed to judge a book by it's cover but this one?  I had to have it.   I ran across the author on twitter and I was just intrigued.  So glad I decided to check this one out!   It's currently available on Kindle Unlimited, so if you have a Kindle, check that out.

I loved the world building in this story.  Mermaids and mermen were presented in a way that I had never heard of before.  Imagine that, a completely unique take on a very old story.   

Lizzie lives in Greece.  She is being raised by friends, she has lost both of her parents.   She meets Ky at school - sort of.  You can discover that part of the story for yourself.   I am not going to say too much about the plot, other than I really enjoyed most of it.  I had my issues with some parts - typical teenage angst and all - but for the most part I thought it was so well done!

And that ending?  Breathtaking.   It was oth totally out of the blue and comfortingly familiar all at the same time.  It had a Chronicles of Narnia feel to it.  I was delighted to discover this is not her only book and am currently busy checking out the others.  This was the perfect escape story for me.  Loved it.  Four stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment