Saturday, May 9, 2020

Incendiary by Zoraida Cordoa

Incendiary   I cam across this book by chance.  It just seemed like something that would appeal to me.  The synopsis: Renata was just a child when she was kidnapped by the King's Justice.  She was born with the rarest of all magical gifts - the ability to steal memories.   Later she is rescued by the Whispers and fights to save the land from the King.   But are her own memories really what they appear to be?

I enjoyed Renata because of the character development that she undergoes throughout the story.  She starts out as kind of weak - defining herself by the way that others see her.  But she undergoes a lot of changes throughout the story and comes into her own.

The book had some surprises in store and that really pleased me.  Usually with this kind of book, I can see all the plot twists early on.  I was happy to be surprised.   The book had a bit of a slow start, but definitely worth delving in as the story develops more later.  I am very intrigued to see where this story will go in the future. 
I gave it four stars and will definitely read more of the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment