Sunday, December 20, 2015

The Pocket Wife by Susan Crawford

The Pocket Wife   I read this book for my 2016 reading challenge.  This one is task # 17 - a debut novel. I picked this one up because the cover and title intrigued me and let me just say that I am not usually a fan of mysteries - they have to be really exceptional to get me to like it - and this one is stunning  from start to finish.

This is the story of Dana and Peter - a married couple living in the Burbs  until one day, Dana's best friend and neighbor , Celia,  has something t tell Dana about her husband.   After that, nothing is the same and nothing is what it seems to be.

I loved Jack, the dectective in the case.  I loved all the characters and the unforeseeable twists and turns.  If this is the type of work that Susan Crawford has to offer, then I can't wait for her to write aother book!  There have been so many book - AWFUL books - all compared to Gone Girl or claiming to be "the next Gone Girl".   This is the first one that comes even close with the kind of unexpected plot developements  that Gillian Flynn is famous for.  If you like mysteries or are a fan or Gone Girl,  read this one today.  5 stars. A stunning debut.

No comments:

Post a Comment