Sunday, December 6, 2015

Cutting for Stone

   A friend and co-worker loaned this book to me.  It had been recommended to me many times, but when she put it in my hands, it moved to the front of my TBR list.

This is a powerful book - a story of twin brothers, Marion and Shiva, whose mother dies when they are born and who are abandoned by their father.   They are raised by surrogate paretns, Hema and Abhi.   The brothers are initially very close, but are torn apart by their love for the same woman.  The favored brother, Shiva, is very spoiled and allows Marion to bear the brunt of his actions, causing irrepairable damage to their relationship.

I love that this is a story of Redemption.  It's about realizing your mistakes and trying to make amends.  It's also about Karma.  Certain characters definitely represent the karmic idea that what comes around, goes around.   I loved that there were so many twists and turns that I never saw coming.  The book has a slow start, but by mid-way through becomes a real page turner.   I gave it 5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment