Tuesday, December 15, 2015

The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson

   This one has been sitting on my to be read pile for some time and I finally got around to reading it.  Once in a century a person is chosen by God to be the bearer of the Godstone.   Prophecy says that she will lead her people to the gates of the enemy and fight the realm of sorcery.  The problem is, Elisa is the younger, pampered princess who has no idea how she is to go about achieving this feat.

She is sent by her father and sister into a marriage of convenience to secure an alliance for the coming war.  The problem is, Elisa's husband is more than happy to keep their marriage a secret.  Elisa is unhappy and unsure who she can trust.

I don't want to give too much of the plot away.  I thought that the plot of this story is very unique.  It's about a girl who learns to become more than she thought she was capable of, which is a common enough plot line, but it occurs in a completely new way.   I enjoyed reading the story though was somewhat dissatsified with the ending of book one.   With so many books that I want to read, this will not be a series that I will pursue further but for those who like fantasy and don't have  hang up about happy endings, it may be worth pursuing..

No comments:

Post a Comment