Saturday, October 3, 2015

The Winter Sea by Susanna Kearsley

   This one has been waiting on my TBR pile for some time - it happens when your pile is well over 1000 books.   I came across it while I was browsing what was available on Kindle Unlimited and it, happily, moved to the top of my pile.

I have been a fan of books set in Scotland since I first fell in love with Jamie Frazer.  If you are a fan of Outlander, ( and who isn't?) , you know what I am talking about.   I also enjoy the occassional historical fiction.  This one is about a little known, but accuraate, period of time - a Jacobite uprising in 1708 - long before the Battle of Culloden.

I enjoyed this book thoroughly as it moved back and forward through time.  I found both the setting and characters to be delightful.  I gave it 5 out of 5 stars just for the pure joy of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment