Thursday, October 8, 2015

After You by Jojo Moyes

    I waited too long to read Me Before You ( the prequel to this book), so, when this book came out I purchased it right away.  I'm so glad I did!  

I loved all the characters in Me Before You but my favorites, of course, were Will and Lou.   I wanted Lou's story to go on, and it has in such a brilliant way!  Twists and turns in fate that I never saw coming challenge Lou in new ways.    This book is about holding on to what is important while, at the same time, letting go of the past to find the future.  As usual with Jojo Moyes, it is beautifully written with a rich cast of characters all fully developed.  There are new characters to love and dislike, old characters make a visit ( Patrick)  and old friends are all there waiting.

I never thought that I could love this book as much as Me Before You but I did.  If I could give them both 10 out of 5 stars, I would.   If, heaven forbid, you haven't read Me Before You,  DO IT NOW!   Then, when you finish, give yourself a few days and continue on with this lovely book.   This was  brilliant birthday present!

No comments:

Post a Comment