Friday, October 23, 2015

The Boy in Her Dreams by Laekan Zea Kemp

The Boy In Her Dreams by Laekan Zea Kemp    I read the first book in The Girl in Between series earlier this year.  I thought the premise of the first book was original and engaging.   This is the second book in the series.

Bryn has found Roman and managed to wake him from his coma, but not everything is as it seems.  Disheartened, she goes to Germany for further treatment of her sleeping disorder.  While there, both she and Roman gain insight into who and what they really are.

I'm all about fantasy novels.  I enjoy them quite a lot.   I loved the idea of a girl who could go into her dreams and effect changes in the real world.  However, even I had difficult suspending my disbelief for the revelations in this second book.   It just got a little too complex and strange.   The character development and relationships between characters wasn't nearly as good as it was in the first book.  This was just eh for me  Not continuing on with the series.   2 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment