Tuesday, September 15, 2015

The Choosing by Rachelle Dekker

The Choosing (Seer, #1)   This book was recommended to me by my mom - whatever sh tells me to read, I do because it's always good.   This one is an apopalyptic and dystopian blend.   It's the story of a girl, Carrington, who has been groomed all her life to be Chosen - to be deemed worthy to be some man's wife.   But when her big moment arrives, not everything goes according to plan.   She is not Chosen and is sent instead to live as a Lint.   Lints are workers in our society - factories, food warehouses and the like.  They will never get married and never have children.

The Authority is a small community of 12 families who make all the rules for others to live by.  They are guided by a so-called holy book, called the Veritas, which is supposed to be God's law.  This book has so much going on in it.   There is Carrington's need to find out who she is and what she truly believes, as well as how she fits into the larger society.  There is also the idea of what it means to be Choosen and by whom.   So much to think about in this powerhouse.  I really enjoyed it.  If you like YA, Dystopian or Apopalyptic novels, I highly recommend this one.  5 out of 5 stars for all the things it really made me question and digest.

No comments:

Post a Comment