Monday, July 27, 2015

Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson

Tiger Lily   I love retellings of a favorite story, especially when they are done in such a unique way.   Tiger Lily was always my favorite Peter Pan character.   I thought she was so brave in the Disney cartoon when Hook set his devious trap for Pan. It turns out that Tiger Lily was so much more than I ever thought.

I loved the symbolism of the crows in this story.  For Indian tribes  crows are a symbol of mysticism but also intelligence, audacity and personal transformations.   Tiger Lily certainly had the intelligence and audacity and underwent a personal transformation throughout the course of the story.

I always hate Wendy - that still hasn't changed and Peter was somewhat of a disappointment in the end...... SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!









I find it so cliche when men are intimidated by strong women and opt for the softer, weaker variety.  How sad really.   Still,  I loved the ending and somehow felt the story ended the way that it must.  4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment