Monday, July 6, 2015

Accidents of Marriage by Randy Susan Meyers

fpo

This is the story of a family - Ben, Maddy and their three children: Emma, Gracie and Ethan ( I think).   Maddy is a social worker and Ben is a lawyer and this book is about the things that can and do go wrong and also the things that make them right.  

Randy Susan Meyers does a fantastic job with storytelling in this book.  She switches the book between the main characters of Ben, Maddy and their oldest daughter, Emma.  Ben is your typical, self- absorbed idiot.  Nothing is more important than what he is doing and what he has going on.  His family takes a back seat to his self importance, until, one day, he has an accident of marriage.

This story is about how families struggle and how they come together.  I don't want to give away what happens, but this one is well worth the read.  Emma was my favorite character.  I could see parts of my own teenage daughter through her angst.   I could relate to how all the characters, even the initially unlikable Ben, felt.  

My mother recommended this book to me and she never steers me wrong.  I gave this one 5 out of 5 stars, and now I'm off looking for my next read.  What are you reading??

No comments:

Post a Comment