Saturday, February 15, 2020

Finding Cinderella and Finding Perfect by Colleen Hoover

These books were written as novella's and  contain some of the characters from past novels of Colleen's that readers have come to know and love.  I read them for that reason.  Plus, I love Colleen Hoover though I have found that sometimes her books can be hit or miss. A list of my favorites include:  It Ends With Us, Verity, Regretting You, and Hopeless.  Some of those I'd pass on:  Without Merit,  Ugly Love and Maybe Not. 

Back to these novella's though.  Initial though is that they could have been combined to be their own novel, and the second one - Finding Perfect  - could have been fleshed out more to not feel so rushed.

I thought the concept in Finding Cinderella was ridiculous.  It is hard to imagine a teenage girl who would be willing to have intercourse in a broom closet with a boy she doesn't know and she's never seen his face.   But maybe that's just me and I don't know as much about teenage girls as I think I do.  That said the absurdity just goes on from there.

Further, it didn't live up to her writing style. Really it was only a two out of five stars.  Don't waste your time - especially if you're a fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment