Sunday, February 23, 2020

Your Perfect Year by Charlotte Lucas and Allison Layland

Your Perfect Year: A Novel  This was another cute book that I picked up on Kindle Unlimited.  Not free, but not expensive either.  (Just one of a million reasons to love my kindle).

At any rate, this is the story of Johnathan, a man who is going through the motions but isn't really living.  That is, until he finds a filofax in a bag mysteriously left on the handlebars of his bicycle.   He goes about finding the person that the filofax belongs to, and ends up on a journey of self discovery.

I love the way that the author took the two main story lines and wove them together.  At times the book seemed a little slow.  At others, I favored on story line over the other and was irritated to move away from one to the other and thus lose momentum.  In the end though, I was well worth it.

Cleverly contrived.  Three stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment