Saturday, February 15, 2020

Ember Queen by Laura Sebastian

This is the third book in the series - The Ash Princess.   I loved everything about the first two books and have been waiting anxiously for the third to come out.  Finally, just a few weeks ago -Huzzah the day I have been waiting for!?

It has been a really long time since a book tying up a series has disappointed me so greatly.  Usually, in a series like this one the pacing of events builds and builds until culminating in the final battle between our hero and her nemesis. 

This book was SO slow it was actually painful.  I nearly didn't finish it.  Yes, you read that correctly.  Seriously, by the end, I honestly didn't give  a shit if Theo earned her crown and became Queen of Astrea. Frankly, the character that had the most depth was Cress.

If I could go back and give my past self advice, I'd tell me to stop after book one and just accept where that book ends and conjecture my own ending.  It would be for the best.  Three stars because I loved books one and two so much.  This one was, in a word, AWFUL.

No comments:

Post a Comment