Sunday, August 16, 2015

Mr. Penumbra's 24 Hour Book Store

  I happened upon this book by accident.  Oh, it's been sitting on my TBR list for a while, neither moving up nor down.   I had heard some buzz about it here and there but not enough to move me in a positive direction.   Then, the other day, I was at the library to get my new card.  I had a list of 10 books that I wanted to check out.  ( The library only had one of them and it's terrible....)  At any rate, as I was searching the stacks.... there it was.... as if by magic.

This is the story of Clay, an unemployed artist who gets a job at a 24 hour book store and solves a great mystery in the process.   I truly can't say more than that as I don't want to give the discovery away.   I will say that I loved the abstract connection to my own life and a submarine that my husband was stationed on the USS West Virginia.

I loved this book.  Every minute of it.  The right book at the right time, indeed.   Find that comment crytic?  Do yourself a favor and move this one up to next on your own TBR pile.  It's that good.  5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment