Friday, August 21, 2015

Flight of Fantasy Update - Buy, Borrow, Bypass

It's been about a month and a half since I updated my progress on my Flights of Fantasy progress.  I read 7 books from the fantasy genre to add to my list - now making my count 30 out of my goal of 50.

Here they are.  First the BUY choices:

~Emily and Einstein by Linda Francis Lee.  This is an endearing novel of second chances  with a healthy dose of the supernatural.  If you are an animal lover, this one is a must.  So touching!

~The Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard.  I was a little hestitant about this one at first.  I was worried it was going to get too caught up in the romance but it surprised me.  I LOVED this one and already have the sequel, The Glass Sword, on preorder.  I can't wait.

~Armada by Ernest Cline.  It's not Ready Player One, but then it's a different genre really.  If you are a lover of Star Wars, Star Trek, and all things 80's.... this one is for you.

~Daughter of Smoke and Bone - by Laini Taylor.  This one was so beautifully written, so detailed and descriptive.  I could see the places and people and I thought that plot had very unique aspects.  I will definitely be finishing this series.

BORROW

~The Girl in Between by Laekan Zea Kemp.   This book has the most amazing premise - it's about a girl with a sleeping disorder who isn't supposed to dream, but she does.  Her dreamscape is comprised mostly of memories until one day, a boy she doesn't not know washes up on the beach. I am looking forward to book 2.  I may even buy it.

Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson - Tiger Lily was always my favorite character in Peter Pan and I always felt she was the least developed.  This book made me see Tiger Lily and all my favorite characters in a new light.

BYPASS

~Sabriel by Garth Nix.  I have to say that for me, this one was a huge disappointment.  It just didn't engage me.  I thought that the characters were two dimensional and I didn't really feel a connection with any of them.  I will not be finishing this series.  I just didn't care enough to continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment