Monday, August 10, 2020

Midnight sun by Stephanie Meyer

 Midnight Sun    Ok I can't believe I got sucked into this again.  They say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.  Well, this fits.  I really didn't like Twilight.  Yes,  I read them.  All of them.  I hated Bella Swann and personally believe that she is the poster child for codependency.  Still,  I was talking to a friend who loved the series and I thought, maybe it will be different from Edward's perspective. 

It was and it wasn't.  So I didn't hate Bella as much as I did the first time around.  In fact, I found her relatable and almost endearing. This time Edward was the annoying, whiny one.  Maybe it has to do with being the character that Stephanie Meyer chooses to move the story.  At any rate.   I still loved Alice and Carlisle and Jasper.  Rosalie, Jessica and Mike?  Still annoying as shit.  Charlie barely mattered and Bellas mom was relegated to being an irresponsible, selfish parent.  In fact, Bella is often portrayed as the mature one.  

The best thing about the book is the same thing that was the best thing about the original series- Jacob Black.   Three stars and it's a gift. 

No comments:

Post a Comment