Thursday, June 25, 2020

Brutal Curse by Casey L. Bond.

Brutal Curse   I will tell you that I am a crazy fool for two things - epic fantasy and fairy tale retellings.  This one is the later - it's sort of an epic Alice in Wonderland meets Beauty and the Beast.  It was a great, entertaining and original retelling.  Loved every minute of it. 

This is the story of Prince Carden,  a prince who has lost everything and Arabella, a girl barely getting by.  Their chance encounter leads to involvement with Queen Couer and one of her infamous games.  Couer is a Fae Queen who likes to play with mortals and show them how fickle their human hearts are.   The only person more dangerous than Couer is her son, Rule.

This is Alice in Wonderland as you have never seen it before and it was completely wonderful.  I don't want to say too much because I fear to do so would reveal more of the plot than I would like.  I will say that if you enjoy fairy tales - this one really is a must.  

No comments:

Post a Comment