Sunday, April 19, 2020

No Time to Spare by Ursula le Guin

  No Time to Spare: Thinking About What Matters by [Ursula K. Le Guin, Karen Joy Fowler]   so I have read books by Ursula le Guin in the past and I believe that she is an extremely gifted writer; however, she was never particularly my special cup of tea.  I enjoyed the uniqueness of her story lines - especially in books like The Left Hand of Darkness,  but, when it came to fantasy writing, there were just others I preferred.

Still,  I recently came across this gem on kindle unlimited and something about it resonated with me.  Maybe it was the title, maybe it was because the cover was blue, but whatever the reason, it was definitely a case of the right book at the right time.

This work is just a collection of blog entries basically of the author ruminating about everything in her life from current events to finding a cat at the humane society.  It was brilliant.  I enjoyed every entry especially because it gave me a glimpse into this brilliant woman's mind and how it worked - why she thought some of the things that she did.  I couldn't go through it quickly because in some cases, the essay has to be read and processed before moving on in order to truly do it justice.  If you  are a le Guin fan or simply looking for the right book at the right time,  this book may be for you.  I gave it five out of five stars and would recommend to like minded readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment