Saturday, February 11, 2017

Two by Two by Nicholas Sparks

Two By Two by Nicholas Sparks  If you have been reading my blog, then you know that I am a Sparks fan.  That said, though,  I find his books to be hit or miss.  As I see it - the hits -  The Notebook, A Walk to Remember,  The Longest Ride, Safe Haven, The Guardian,  The Last Song and The Lucky One.  The  misses -  Message in a Bottle,  See Me,  The Best of Me,  The Wedding and any others not mentioned here.   This book actually fits into neither category.

It was extremely well written.  It's a beautiful story about the relationship between a man and his daughter - great for a Father's Day book club discussion.  It also has wonderful familial relationships built into the story, particularly between Russ and his sister.   At it's core, the story is about the things we do for the people we love.

So here's my criticism, if you want to call it that.   I admired Russ but I didn't love him.   I usually read books to learn about things I'm unfamiliar with - a different time, a different place or to escape from my daily life.  This book didn't provide either.  It was just ok.

I gave it three stars.   No more - no less.

No comments:

Post a Comment