Saturday, February 11, 2017

Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth

Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth

I've waited for a long time for Veronica Roth to come out with a new book.  I loved Divergent but by the time Allegiant came out, I felt that the story had gone horribly astray so it was with some trepidation that I read this book.  

In a world where everyone develops a currentgift - or power meant to help them achieve their destiny - Akos and Cyra receive more of a curse.  One's gift is to give and share pain while the others is to hear nothing with their gift but silence.   Akos comes from the peace loving  nation of Thuhve, while Cyra comes from a warring tribe of  Shotet.   Somehow the fates or the current bring them together.

I enjoyed reading this book thoroughly.  I loved that, like Tris,  Cyra is an extremely complex and strong character.   I love how through the course of the story she  comes to accept her gift.   Akos is very different than Four.   He is strong and capable - a good leader - but he does it in a quiet way. 

I look forward to reading the rest of the series.  I gave it four stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment